Service Planning involves the development of an individualized Service Plan for each program participant.
- Each youth, in collaboration with the case manager and other important adults (parent, sibling), identifies the most important goals towards which he/she wants to move over the following 6 months.
- Goals are broken into tasks and action items, with targeted dates and people responsible for their implementation.
- All planning session participants accept some responsibility for the implementation of the youth’s Service Plan.
- The case manager conducts quarterly home visits, school visits and community visits to help implement the Service Plan and determine what additional resources are needed.
- Case managers review the Service Plans twice a year to ensure that adequate progress is made towards the fulfillment of the service goals determined by program participants.